Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and if you haven’t already made any special treats, here are a few great ideas to try!
- Sugar Cookies – I’d like to share my absolute favorite sugar cookie made for decorating – the recipe is courtesy of Drop In & Decorate, a fantastic program in which you host a cookie decorating party and give the cookies away to a charity or anyone who could use a smile! Last year I organized Drop In & Decorate at church for Valentine’s Day, and this year we will be using the same idea, just tweaked a little bit (people will bake and decorate heart-shaped cookies at home and bring them for packaging and delivery). I just love these cookies – Get the recipe here!
- Cookie Dough Truffles – Are you hooked yet? These have just been posted at Annie’s Eats and look absolutely fantastic – and the dough is safe to eat! (not that that ever stopped me before) – Recipe here
- Giant Chocolate Chip Heath Bar Cookies – Okay, so these aren’t specifically “Valentine’s Day” treats, but boy do they look amazing! Recipe here, by Anna at Cookie Madness
- Two-Bite Chocolate Cream Pies – So cute, and what a great ending these would be to a homemade Valentine’s dinner! Recipe here at Baking Bites
- Fortune Cookies – Honestly I would be more inclined to dip pre-made fortune cookies into the chocolate/sprinkles/etc. than to spend time making the cookies themselves. That said, if you have the time and desire to make these, and can actually pull it off, I think they would be quite a hit! Recipe here at Our Best Bites
I *do* plan to post some new recipes this week, but haven’t quite gotten around to making them yet. In the meantime, happy early Valentine’s Day!