Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, hands down. Unfortunately, this year it’s not as easy for me to contribute a whole lot to the meal, as my oven has been giving me some grief. Plans are in the works for a new oven, but of course we won’t have it by this Thursday.
That said, I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving, and I’ve found myself loving so many of the amazing foods that other bloggers have posted. If you’re still in need of some ideas, or are looking to try something new, this should definitely give you a place to start.
- Our Best Bites showcases several different recipes for each Thanksgiving dish, including very easy recipes as well as some that are a little more involved. Great place to start for inspiration!
- I have every intention of trying this Apple Butter Pie, posted at Baking Bites. Similar in consistency to pumpkin pie, but with a spiced apple flavor, it looks like the perfect addition to a Thanksgiving dinner, especially if you’re in a family with one or more people who aren’t all that crazy about pumpkin pie.
- Pioneer Woman shares her Thanksgiving menu here. Definitely worth a look, especially if you like the traditional dishes but are looking for something a little different this year.
- Baking and Books has a great-looking recipe for buttermilk biscuits, along with an extensive collection of recipes for Thanksgiving dinner consideration.
- For breakfast, how about muffins? Dawn at Vanilla Sugar shares this recipe for Sweet Potato Muffins Stuffed with Cinnamon-Mascarpone that looks just scrumptious.
And if you’re not on the Thanksgiving bandwagon, it’s okay. Join Peabody, who in lieu of a traditional Thanksgiving dinner is having turkey meatloaf.
Here’s wishing all of you a blessed and happy Thanksgiving!