This was so good. So good I didn’t even get to take a picture. It’s healthy and colorful, and easy. The feta adds a fantastic flavor. We will definitely be making this one again!
Check out Our Best Bites for some photos.
Spinach and Feta Pasta
- 8 oz. Penne pasta (that’s 1/2 a 16 oz. box. Don’t use ziti–you want the ridges on the penne to “grip” the sauce)
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 c. fresh spinach
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- A handful of fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add pasta. Cook according to package directions. In the meantime, heat a little olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until tender. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Add tomatoes, heat through, and then add drained pasta and crumbled feta. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat through and serve; you can crumble a little extra feta on top if you feel the urge.